27 7 / 2014
I don’t care what anyone says, brilliance is sexy. Intelligence is sexy. Maturity is sexy. Having a mentally stimulating conversation is sexy. Having a great body is good, being fit is good, health is important. Charm is nice. But intelligence, my God, intelligence is absolutely sexy.
25 7 / 2014
*black couple living in a haunted house*
wife: the house haunted
husband: we out this bitch
22 7 / 2014
A Father’s Recipe For The Right Guy
One secret to a happy life: finding the right guy you should date or even marry and this is no easy task. Here is a good advice from a father for his daughter in finding the right guy. This is sweet and touching at the same time.
1. Date a boy who makes you happy, but marry him only if he makes you laugh deep-belly rumbles that hurt your ribs as they expand outwards. Date him when he sees that you’re hurting and he gives you a moment to feel that pain like a handprint spreading across your consciousness, marry him only if he can make you smile even while you’re gross sobbing. The world is not a kind place. You will feel a lot of pain. Make sure you are with someone who makes it all bearable. Humor is an excellent gauge of intelligence. Life gets boring. Find someone who makes the banal interesting.
2. Make sure he has scars on the back of his hands, it’s a good sign he has experience either fighting or making things - creation is an act of selflessness and bruised knuckles are a good sign he knows how to defend himself. You’ve got too much soul to be handled by someone who has never been passionate. If he’s never thrown a punch, let him at least have tasted the insanity of bringing an idea into existence. Rough palms are better than soft ones, they have been salted by this earth and made into leather. Callouses are evidence he has lived, that he has broken skin and been in pain over and over and over again and still came back to the source of it. People rub against each other. Don’t marry him if he can’t handle even a little blister.
3. Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting, see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk - you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much worse eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit.
22 7 / 2014
- Intimacy. Hold my waist. Stroke my neck. Kiss my forehead. Hold my hand.
- Maturity. Patience is amazing. A prize will come to you when the time is right. Its called falling in love. Waiting is hard. But worth it.
- Honesty. I don’t care what you’ve done. I care about what you will do in the future. Be honest with me, I’ll be honest with you.
- Care. Because not many people give a crap about anything anymore.
21 7 / 2014
21 7 / 2014
EVERY BLACK GIRL WITH LONG HAIR IS NOT MIXED.
Purchase this truth for the low, low price of common sense and an EVERY BLACK GIRL WITH LIGHT EYES/LIGHT SKIN ISN’T MIXED will be thrown in as well.
And Every Black Girl With Curly/Wavy Hair Isn’t Mixed Either!! That’s Why We’re Black..We Come In Every Way Possible!
21 7 / 2014
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."